Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop PC GT12-0000i (ID 7WM96AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have been trying to get into my systems bios for quite a long time now, but every time I seem to spam a certain key, It brings me to omen setup utility instead of bios. The reason I would like to get into bios instead of Omen setup utility is because there are some settings in bios that I can not change from the omen setup utility. I've tried spamming F10, F2, ESC, DEL on startup and it just brings me to omen setup utility. My computer apparently has a dorado motherboard and my computer is an HP Omen 25L desktop pc GT12-0000i (ID 7WM96AV). Please someone get back to me, Thanks.

What mine looks like -

danielsdanimals_1-1720282828634.png

What I want it to look like

danielsdanimals_2-1720282883543.png

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I have found that if you start "spamming(as you say)" the Ecs key before start-up and keep spamming the Esc key, there will be a pop-up menu show.  From that pop-up menu you can then enter the BIOS.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the response. Im assuming by the Ecs key, you mean the escape key right. I tried doing that but it continues to bring me into the Omen setup utility.

HP Recommended

Run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.  After running the Diagnostics routine, you can come back to get into the BIOS from that pop-up menu, using the same method as described.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hey! I got to the diagnostic menu and it looked like the image below. I ran all of the tests, but I am a little confused about how this can get me into the bios (not omen setup utility)

IMG_6956.jpeg

HP Recommended

What did the Diagnostics report say?
2024-07-07 13_33_35-HP BIOS pop-up menu at DuckDuckGo — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

This is what you should have seen before pressing F2.  Do the process again and choose F10.  Your screen probably will not show the F11 or F12 choices.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, it looks like this. 

IMG_6978.jpeg

HP Recommended

From that screen it would be the "BIOS setup"

I have not seen that particular screen before.  They have made boxes to click on VS F numbers.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

When I click on bios setup, it still continues to bring me into the Omen's version of bios.. Im trying to find a way into HPS bios instead of Omens

HP Recommended

That is perhaps then only "BIOS" you will see.  Maybe some other forum users can offer a different perspective, IDK any other method.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.