Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omni 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was plugged into a battery backup UPS but... After a power outage machine stops at the HP blue screen v7.08 "press esc for startup menu" but doesn't accept any key presses

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry to say your system has suffered catastrophic failure due to the power outage and resultant power surge at resumption of power.

Failing components could be anything from the external power supply to the motherboard and any attached component.

Have a local PC Tech take a look if you are not in warranty.

This may not be a warranty issue with HP if you are in warranty.

Consider using a UPS in the future to prevent component damage when power failures occur.

Regards

HP Recommended

I edited my post to reflect that it was plugged into a UPS high quality one in fact. The power supply seems undamaged as it does boot to the blue screen with instructions to press escape. I've now try to plug in USB keyboard it doesn't work either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.