Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

If I figure it out I will let you know. Right now I have no idea. I called up tech support and they were no help at all. Brutal!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Bkalsey,

Click on the Solution button to remove the solution.

I thought we had solved this problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Didn't seem to work for me. I have tired 4 different keyboards. My mouse is not responding and the touch screen doesn't seem to work. The Bluetooth key for the keyborad lights up in the port so its seems to have power there. Very odd.

I have a usb hub plugged in as well which seems to work fine. I have tried switching port but no luck at all.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You have a touchscreen on a HP Slimline PC?

I have not seen touchscreen options on this product line. I see Bluetooth.

I would try removing the USB hub to see what happens. Are you connecting the keyboard to the USB hub?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey thanks,

I have the HP pavillion which is a touch screen and the touch part doesnt work as well. I still have the keyboard error no matter what i do.  I have tried 4 different key boards. Bluetooth and wired as well. Didn't make a single difference.

I have tried it without the hub as well with no difference at all.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know.

This seems to be a motherboard problem.

You can't troubleshoot anything because you don't have keyboard function.

You can't get to the BIOS or run HP Diagnostics.

Regards

HP Recommended

I found a form it said there was an software update which caused this whole issue... Still I couldn't find a fix for it.

But thanks for your help anyways.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 12.24.42 AM.jpg

BK

HP Recommended

I have the same issue: Keyboard Error. How do I fix it?

What is the product number of your device? 4NM54AA#ABA

What is the operating system? Windows 10

Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue? No

Have you tried with an external keyboard? I'm using a wireless Microsoft keyboard

HP Recommended

I still have no fix for this issue... It is so frustrating that this computer is not that old and barley use and I am unable to get into the computer at all... No response from keyboard, mouse and touch screen inop... I have tried 4 keyboards so that is not the issue. The usb ports have power to them. 

If someone has a fix for this please post is.. Thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05948741

Check this to see if it help you. I will probably try it out later this weekend.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.