Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi, i need help on my desktop. My PC is 6-7 years old now, and I have not turn it on for close to 2 months now. I just turn it back on recently, and it was running fine for a few minutes, so I left it alone and when I came back, it's "dead" and it could not start up anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

If it were me, I would buy a PSU with at least 500W.  This will not cost that much more and it will give you extra power for peak use times.  I believe it may even make the PSU last longer because it puts less stress on it.

I like Corsair products.  A modular PSU is good for small cases.  This allows you to use only the cables that are absolutely necessary, allowing for better airflow which will keep the components cooler.  Here is a PSU that will work for you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Werewolf98, welcome to the forum.

What is the actual model of your computer?  There are numerous versions of the P6000 series.

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for the welcome! My PC model is p6680d
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Werewolf98.  Thank you for the additional information.

I believe that you may have a failed power supply unit (PSU).  Here is a guide to help you troubleshoot it.

Also, you should test the memory.  You can do this by removing all of the modules and replacing them one at a time and booting.  Of course, if it boots the module not in the computer has failed.  I have had this happen to me.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
@old_geekster , thanks for the help, it's confirmed at I have a dead PSU. However, I'm not sure what PSU to buy, do you have any suggestions?
HP Recommended
It's a 300W PSU
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

If it were me, I would buy a PSU with at least 500W.  This will not cost that much more and it will give you extra power for peak use times.  I believe it may even make the PSU last longer because it puts less stress on it.

I like Corsair products.  A modular PSU is good for small cases.  This allows you to use only the cables that are absolutely necessary, allowing for better airflow which will keep the components cooler.  Here is a PSU that will work for you.

HP Recommended

Hi @old_geekster, thank you so much for your help. I've bought the CX 550M as you suggested and now my PC is working fine now. Thanks!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Werewolf98.  I am always glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.