Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-r0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Simple scenario:  PC set without screen saver, runs always; with screen saver PC will freeze at some point (usually early hours of the morning).  I've tried to update video driver, but AMD is selecting wrong GPU (they say R7 M460, when 530 installed). Also, never saw anything about integrated graphics, suddenly Intel HD 630 in device list - I think the freezing is video card related.  HP drivers do not work. 

How do I get my HP to be reliable again ?  (my warrantee has just expired)  I gave up Dell through unreliability and went exclusively to HP for the last 5 years for our company PCs; please don't tell me they are joining the ranks of Dell ?

MD

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DeckChair Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that computer freezes.

First, let's start by performing a hard reset on the PC to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue. 

  

Turn off the computer. 

Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers. 

Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. 

Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory. 

Press the Power button to turn on the computer. 

If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key. 

  

Second, you can check if there is a Bios update available for your PC, here is the link to download. 

  

Performing a test on the Hard drive as well as on the Memory from the Hardware diagnostics:  
1) Shutdown the computer.  
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  
3) Press F2 once for System Diagnostics.  
4) Go to the Component test.  
5) Run extensive Memory and Hard Drive test.   

Depending on the test results, If the test passes then I would suggest you perform a complete system recovery.  

Note: Recovery will wipe off everything from the computer. If you have anything important get in touch with some local stores to get your data backed up. 

  

Click here to know: How to perform each step. 

  

For more details, you can try these documents as well. 

  

Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, I apologise if I have not stated my problem properly (this said as it appears you have not understood what the situation is). 

I have further worked out that if I disable the AMD video card in the device driver then all appears OK (display sleeps and computer carries on without any issue and display will wake up on moving the mouse etc ). 

what is annoying is that my warranty has expired 2 weeks ago, and if I want this repaired I’m going to have to spend a fortune.  I’m going to raise a ticket with AMD. 

HP Recommended

@DeckChair

Thank you for the update.

As you have stated that the issue with AMD graphics card.

I would request you to contact AMD support and check. 

Have a nice day!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.