Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 300 (All-in-One)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While Windows 10 was in sleep mode, I pressed the power button to wake it up, but then the fans in the PC start to become loud and the screen wouldnt show, so I powered off the PC after a while by holding down the power button. When I turn on the computer, the fans become loud again after a second, the power button is colorless (its as if the PC wasnt on) and there is no display.

I suspected it was related to the PSU, but the green light in the back of the computer was a steady green, no blinking or anything. I took off the back of the computer to reseat the RAM, but it wasnt that - there were no beeps or noises besides the fans of any sort when I powered on without one or both the sticks. I then reseated the hard drive cage, and it wasnt that either. I tried resetting the BIOS by taking out and reinserting the CMOS battery, but that didnt work either. I tried performing a hard reset, didnt work. I tried to perform a BIOS update (when you hold windows key + B after the pc turns off and turn it back on while holding the power button), but it didnt work.

I'm starting to think that (worst case scenario) I have a dead motherboard after it was working just fine. I've also thought of whether the graphics card has a role in this problem, but unfortunately I dont know where it is.

I need to know if there are any more solutions I could try to get the PC working again. Thanks in advance

PC Brand: HP Touchsmart 300

Operating Systems: Windows 10 and Windows 7 (both 64 bit)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cencere

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Have you attempted a BIOS recovery using the instructions as per the HP Article?

(Click here to verify, if you haven't completed the steps, according to the article)

Meanwhile, to resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cencere

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Have you attempted a BIOS recovery using the instructions as per the HP Article?

(Click here to verify, if you haven't completed the steps, according to the article)

Meanwhile, to resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.