Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1305ng

Hello everyone

i purchased this Gaming PC here

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c07048450

Motherboard should be a Baker 8767

I wanted to remove GPU and give it to my brother, because GPU is a little bit too much for me, so i want to install an older GPU and use the PC for office and internet related tasks.

I tried to connect an older GPU but the PC is just beeping and not booting at all... its an old 550Ti. Any suggestions to make this PC boot? Or is HP blocking GPUS other than their OEM versions?

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6-2400-Desktop-PC-series/5330783/model/5406819/doc...

tried to disable secure boot

this should work if there is enough power for your graphics card, which shouldn't be a problem?

"NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)"

vote brother is very lucky, nice gift

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi

thanks for your answer!

Unfortunatelly the BIOS isnt the same as in the document you sent me, theres no option to enable legacy boot. Its only possible to disable secure boot

The Motherboard doesnt give any videooutput when i use the older graphics card, not even BIOS is showing up 😞

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if I can find a bios simulation
If you can place photos, maybe an option somewhere

Otherwise there may be nothing I can do for you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried booting from USB drive -> didnt work

Reinstalled windows completelly, didnt work

here are pics from bios

5d7f8f3f-58a5-4989-b017-4d2f8eecc174.jpg6f57677e-137a-42b4-8d73-48aa3d9c5625.jpg29c08795-763b-4849-9901-358a0141197f.jpge3307199-3f7c-41f3-a399-442d92a31530.jpg

HP Recommended

29c08795-763b-4849-9901-358a0141197f.jpg

HP Recommended

it seems pictures are not loading.. i uploaded them here now

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ihTADiTcHbDkBZTS1F58N4c11kHwBhf6?usp=sharing

HP Recommended

It would be necessary to have the simulator, there a little complicated to have all the options ..
i'm just wondering under configuration
device options?
UEFI HII configuration? What is that ..
device Security just passwords?
And security slot, maybe something here
Otherwise, we will have to test another card, I do not see what could block others if the card is functional ...

There are very few cases where the user wants to install an old card with this type of computer.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.