Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello. I have problem with 5.11 Cpu fan not detected. I try to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version 8.06 A to perhaps solve the problem. After the BIOS upgrade it doesn´t detect the harddisk. "Checking media precence" and then "ERROR no boot disc detected...."  
I can get into the start menu, but when I try to  "use the Boot menu F9" there is a screen "Enter setup password" see picture!Passw_BIOS.jpg

I don´t have a clue what the password is...... so I can´t go on, and choose the boot disc!!!

The model on the computer is HPSpectre One Aio 23-e000eo, C3T10EA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@asppie Let's start with the power reset (no data loss), it only helps release static electricity that could be causing issues like the one you have:

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.

2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue with the unknown password prompt is gone.

If not, I suggest you perform a BIOS recovery before you proceed further: Click here for steps.

If the above doesn't help, use the below steps to perform an extensive hardware test to identify any failures within the device causing these issues:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.