Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-28-2022 10:30 AM
My Pavilion Mini 300-0xx won't power on.
When I hit the power button, the LED blinks once very briefly and nothing more, the PC stays off.
I tried a hard stop by pushing the power button for 4 secs, did not help.
PC was always running fine.
Power adapter is the original HP one, I tried the adapter with another HP PC Mini, adapter is fine.
5 REPLIES 5
12-01-2022 04:13 AM - edited 12-01-2022 04:13 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a power-related issue with your HP Pavilion Mini 300-000 Desktop PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Lets' try the below steps:
Crisis BIOS Recovery
- Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
- Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for only 2 to 3 seconds.
- If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.
- If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
- If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS for more information.
The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned on this document: HP PCs - Computer does not boot or start
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-02-2022 01:42 AM
Restart your computer, and then immediately press the f11 key repeatedly. Click Start . Press and hold the shift key, click Power, and then select Restart while holding the shift key. Continue holding the shift key while the computer restarts.
Hope this helps.
12-02-2022 11:32 AM
Thank you @Anand_Andy and @Johnharper241 but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. After having following your procedure, I could not hear any beep and nothing is displayed on my monitor.
I have the impression that it is an electrical issue because when I turn the PC on, the power button LED does not even stay on and there is no fan noise.
Could it be that the internal power supply of the PC is dead?
12-05-2022 08:13 PM
With the AC adapter unplugged, press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds. Reconnect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer. If the computer starts, reconnect the devices one at a time to determine which disc or device is causing the problem.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community