cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
JakeNeedsHelp1
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pavilion P7-1074 1 Short Beep 1 Long Beep, wont connect to monitor.

HP Recommended
Pavilion P7-1074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So, my HP Pavilion p7-1074 has been acting up. I recently cleaned all the yucky dust out and put all the cords and cables back in. But, everytime I boot it up. It gives me one short beep, and one long beep, and repeats. I reconnected all the sata cables, fan cables, unplugged the ac power and plugged it back in again, something I've noticed is when I push the 20 pin power supply connector into the motherboard completely it stops beeping and the fans start spinning, but if I have it in halfway the fans dont work, the power button does not light up and the computer does not beep. I've removed the ram and placed a fan next to the computer blowing air on it as just a wild attempt at fixing it, i've even prayed for it to fix, and nothing has worked yet. 

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Jake
3 REPLIES 3
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 232 647
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some power-supplies have a 4-wire connector that plugs into the motherboard, near the processor.

Some power-supplies have a 6-wire connector that plugs into a socket on a discrete graphics adapter card.

Did you disconnect those leads, while you were "cleaning", and then fail to reconnect them?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,851
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JakeNeedsHelp1 

So let me get this straight -- when you have the 20-pin connector inserted PROPERLY, the PC works fine, right?

But when you have it inserted IMPROPERLY (only part-way in) the PC does not work.

You need to explain this ISSUE to me -- I don't get it!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 232 647
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> i've even prayed for it to fix, and nothing has worked yet. 

GOD answers prayer, but not always with the answer that you want.

Also, to GOD, a second is the same as a thousand years -- it may be necessary for you to wait.  🙂

Have you tried a different video-adapter add-in card?

Have you tried just inserting ONE stick of RAM, not ALL the sticks?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation