Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion p6710f

I need the bios file that gives the option to put a recovery bios onto a flash drive or CD. The only bios provided by hp for the N-Alvorix-RS880 board will only update the bios from within windows. The board will only beep 6 times, and wont post.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't believe that there is such a thing for your PC.

I explored the latest BIOS update file for your PC, and there is a ROM file but I don't know how you would get it to work outside of windows.

In any event, 6 beeps normally means there is a problem with the graphics adapter, not the BIOS.

If you have a graphics card installed, remove it and see if the PC works with the onboard graphics.

If you only have the onboard graphics adapter, get an old PCIe x16 graphics card, install it and see if that fixes the issue.

If you don't have one, this is my go-to video card to test if the onboard graphics is kaput.  Works on any Dell or HP PC I have ever owned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-CP306-ATI-Radeon-HD-2400-Pro-256MB-High-Profile-PCI-E-Video-Graphics-C...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I get the beeps even when using the on board adapter. In addition I've tried an AMD R9 270, an ATI 2600 xt, and even a pci ATI rage xl. I've tried different ram also.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since you have already done all the testing you can, the next step would be to replace the motherboard.

For systems with a graphics card:
1. Reseat the graphics card.
2. Replace the graphics card.
3. Replace the system board.
For systems with integrated graphics, replace the system board.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.