Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)

My pc turns on lights up then just turns off please help I tried like 3 different power switches and it makes a weird buzz sound as if something is scraping against the fan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AlexG200001 

The PC would shut down if the CPU is about to fry because there is a problem with the CPU cooling system.

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @AlexG200001 

Welcome back to the Forum.

Please describe what " I tried like 3 different power switches" means.  Do you mean three different power supplies?

Can you isolate where the buzzing is happening?

A PC that turns on and shuts down could be caused by many different things:

1. A faulty power supply,

2  A MB short

3. A different component short,

4. A peripheral problem causing a short,

5. Any faulty component connected to the MB,

6. A CPU thermal problem or a graphics card thermal problem.

Have you done any upgrades to this PC prior to having this problem?

This is a tough one to diagnose in a Forum.

You may need a local Tech.

The Tech can test your components, one at a time, on a test bench using other, known good, components to find the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey there, I meant I tried 3 different home plugs, I also tried another wire for the psu that connects to the home plug and it didn’t fix it, here’s the sound  https://youtu.be/SIKO6agjouA?si=O9jC599QYkDJdHrO

HP Recommended

Hi @AlexG200001 

What connector are you pulling out of the rear I/O? And why?

I don't know what the banging sound is, never heard anything like this.

The hissing noise sounds like an AIO CPU liquid cooler pump problem or there is no coolant in this closed system.

Did you install this CPU cooler?

You might want to have a local PC Tech take a look.

Regards

HP Recommended

Probably will bring it to some tech company but I pull out the power switch to drain the power and it makes that sound, I installed that aio but I don’t think that would really be the issue right? I mean it could be but at the same time why would it power off right away? Should I try to disconnect all cables for it and try to power it on?

HP Recommended

Also I think the motherboard is making that buzzing sound because it does have something on it labeled “BUZZ”, something else weird is if I spam the power button it turns on and look like it works perfectly fine but I get no display 

HP Recommended

Hi @AlexG200001 

The PC would shut down if the CPU is about to fry because there is a problem with the CPU cooling system.

Regards

HP Recommended

Got it I’ll reinstall my old cooler, you might have just saved my pc, appreciate it

HP Recommended

Hi @AlexG200001 

Get back to the forum if you still have a problem after installing the factory CPU cooler.

Regards

HP Recommended

Wow man it worked thanks so much, I turned it on for about 10 seconds because I have no thermal paste right now but it seemed to be working with no issues or sound, I never knew pcs could sense something like that, thank you so much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.