Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Omen pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Good day

Last night my pc was working fine. I used the update then shut down power option. When I went to turn the computer today, it boots to a green screen with stripes, you can faintly see shutting down in the background. It will not boot to windows at all. I can't get to safety mode.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you do a Windows update or a HP Support Assistant update (HPSA)?

A bad HPSA BIOS update can break the BIOS on your PC. This problem requires HP factory service.

You are getting Video (green screen with stripes). Can you get to the BIOS at startup by tapping "Escape" and selecting "BIOS Setup"? Getting to the BIOS is a good omen.

Getting to safe mode on W10 is a pain in the ***.

You can start the PC three times but shut it down before Windows tries to load to get to the recovery environment and safe mode (Link).  Or you could try a system restore within the W10 recovery environment. A bad Windows update will cause the problem again if a system restore works.

You can also use W10 installation media to attempt a repair using the recovery environment if you can boot to this media (the BIOS is not corrupted).

Never had the displeasure of experiencing your issue.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.