Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
prodesk 400 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please help me to get rid of POST error 41A (cable detection). I have another Desktop Case and HP motherboard. I can't turn off post errors from bios.  s.1151, hp mb. ProDesk 400 G3 MT (bios updated).

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

20180809_0805521.jpg20180809_080919 copy.jpg

HP Recommended

> 41A-Front USB 2 Not Connected.

> Front USB cable has been detached or unseated from the motherboard.

Your computer has USB ports on the front.  Correct?

Your computer has various cables from the "back" of those front ports & LEDs & button(s) that connect to the motherboard.  Correct?

One of those cables is intended to connect the front USB port(s) to a socket on the motherboard.

Gently pull on each of the cables that lead from the "back"  of the "front" of the computer.

Do any of those cables come loose at one end or the other?

If so, you need to reattach the cable to its socket on the "back" of the "front",

or you need to connect - "seat" - the cable into the labelled USB socket on the motherboard.

Or, just press ENTER to ignore the error-message, and then do not try to use the front USB port(s).

HP Recommended

I don't have front usb. The thing is I need to TURN OFF this post errors. (without pressing enter)

HP Recommended

HP doesn't have an opportunity to turn off post errors. It's not about only this product. I need some DOS program I could modify bios myself and turn off pressing enter all the time.

HP Recommended

@Nowheremano wrote:

I don't have front usb. The thing is I need to TURN OFF this post errors. (without pressing enter)

There is something that you are not sharing with us.

The original HP motherboard and the original HP case does have front USB ports.

What hardware changes have you made? Different motherboard? Different case?

Does BIOS SETUP for the HP motherboard have an option to "disable" the front USB ports?

This is often done for a "semi-public" computer, e.g., in a computer-lab at a school.

HP Recommended

I have that same problem. I changed my case and now i get that message. What to do? Any fixes? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.