• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Power On from S5 via Keyboard

HP Recommended
Elitedesk, Prodesk

The option in the BIOS (under Advanced -> Power Management Options) called "Power On from Keyboard Ports" does not work anymore since BIOS version 2.17 until today with version 2.45.  The last BIOS version supporting this feature was 2.16. This has nothing to do with the operating system. It's only due to BIOS change.

I noticed this with EliteDesk G2 as well as with ProDesk G2. Other users here notice this also with EliteDesk G3. I guess there are more HP PCs which have this issue.

According to the Maintenance and Service Guide this is what it should do:

"When enabled, this feature allows a key press to power on the system when it is off (S5 state). If using a USB keyboard, it must be plugged into one of the rear ports labeled with the keyboard icon. Default is disabled."

But even after setting that to "Enabled" and plugging in the USB keyboard in one of the dedicated keyboard ports in the back, if I switch off the PC and press random keys, it will not turn on.

No information from HP about this change! Nothing.

To all other users out there: Do complain, if you are also disappointed about this!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation