Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The problem is that the my Compaq's monitor power light keeps on blinking and there is nothing on the screen. That is, the screen is completely blank. I've attached a short video where this can be seen. I've tried attaching my monitor to my laptop using hdmi cable but i noticed that while my laptop did recognise the compaq monitor, the compaq monitor itself remains completely blank.

I have tried reconnecting all the cables multiple times but that didn't change anything. The power light(shown in the screenshot) still keeps on blinking. Below is attached the video file.

What might be the problem and the corresponding resolution.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jason715

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that the monitor light is blinking, I am glad to assist you.

Did you update the graphics driver?

If not, follow these steps:-

Update the device driver

1. In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
  2. Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you'd like to update.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  4. Select Update Driver.

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20

Actually the pc doesn't boot up. So there is no way for me to update the graphics driver with the method you described. I have two live usbs one with window 10 and other with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS but when I plug them and then try to boot up the PC there is nothing on the screen and the cpu makes the "beep" sound. An audio file for the same is attached below. I've a Compaq's Presario CPU.

Below is attached the audio sound that the CPU makes when I switch on the power. Note that while this sound comes, the monitor is still blank.

Beeping sound made by CPU 

HP Recommended

@Jason715

Try the steps mentioned in this document to fix the issue:- Click here

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20

I've tried what you've suggested but that doesn't seem to work. In particular, I've tried releasing the power button(if it was possible pressed automatically before) and then pressed it again for 10 seconds but the monitor still doesn't show anything on screen. Not even a single message. That is, it is still showing a blank screen.

HP Recommended

@Jason715

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.