Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All-

I have a Prodesk 600 w/ W10 64. was working find and one morning it would boot up, and later the USB keyboard and mouse, other/all USB and video are not responding.

Has anyone had this issue(s)

It is/was a great unit and I hate not to try and bring it back to life.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can only provide troubleshooting tips based on the info you are providing. It is very difficult to isolate bad hardware using a Forum.

I see you have no video or USB function. The motherboard may be running but you have lost I/O function needed to use the PC.

Any PC chassis': sounds or LED activity?

I would think you have a hardware problem if you have checked/reseated all external and internal connections to the PC and there is no response when you try to start the system.

You have to check each component to find the failing or bad part.

Possible causes:

1. Power supply

2. Power switch

3. Component connected to the motherboard

4. Motherboard/CPU.

5. Peripheral device connected to the PC

You may need known good replacement parts to find the bad component. It is usually cheaper to have a tech find the bad part.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks Grzwacz for your reply,  my apologies for lack of details. Below I provided a little more details-

With the VGA/or HMDI video connected (tried both), mouse and keyboard plugged in the rear USB ports ( have tried all of them) I plug the rear DC power plug in and the power LED lights, no sounds, the fans starts up and continues to speed up very fast! no keyboard lights or response or mouse activity as well. video monitor is powered on with black screen. all I can do is depress the power button to force the unit to show off.

I have had the unit open and inspected all connection as good as I can without completely dismantling all it components. But all looks ok.

I did swapped out the hard drive with another one that is known to be a good one. (same symptoms)

I hope this will helps.

HP Recommended

I think I'm going to take it in to a tech and have them go thru it for now.

Thanks for all you help.

HP Recommended

Hi Nelsondevices,

You're very welcome.

Thanks for the additional info.

It appears the power supply may be okay. A tech will probably try a different PSU to verify this.

The power button/switch seems to be working.

The remaining components and internal connections would have to be tested to find the bad part.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.