Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-a154ng

Hi all. I have Hp Pavilion 27-a154ng.  I bought it with no SSD and HDD so now after buying one i sit down to instal OS. I tried to instal Windows 7 Ultimate from USB but i dont know how to set USB booting. Bios is in germany or in some nordic lng so i cant really understand what to change. Im adding photos from bios and system info.  

If anyone know how to get this baby running pls help.

Thank you 4 youre time.

Gregory

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Gregory,

I'll try to help you with the installation of Windows 7 on your system. First, is there a reason you do not want to install Windows 10 on the system? The computer originally came with Windows 10, so you could download the media creation tool on different computer, run and create a bootable pendrive with Windows 10 on it. It would automatically activate once installed and connected to internet as long as you install the same version (home) which was already on PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Now here is link to Bios simulator for your model in English which might make things easier:

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=12079711&MEID=0F9C62F0-F260-43FF-9921-8326C3F93DFB

Make sure the pendrive is in a USB 2.0 port and not 3.0

So to install windows 7 first we need to turn off secure boot and enable legacy boot. In the Bios under heading Security (sicherheit) the choose the last item on the list "Secure boot configuration", now enable Legacy boot by first disabling secure boot and then enable legacy boot.

You might need to insert a code to disable secure boot, in the last picture you posted is written that to change secure boot configurations you need to enter " 9406 and press enter", so if this screen appears again insert the code and press enter.

Once you have done this go to boot order and you should also see legacy boot order (boot-reihenfolge), make sure you see the pendrive in the list. Exit Bios saving changes.

Reboot the computer and press ESC to get to startup menu and then press F9 to get to boot menu and choose the pendrive. 

There could be a problem installing Windows 7 from pendrive as it does not have USB 3.0 drivers included, however if you are still having problems let me know.

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Gregory,

I'll try to help you with the installation of Windows 7 on your system. First, is there a reason you do not want to install Windows 10 on the system? The computer originally came with Windows 10, so you could download the media creation tool on different computer, run and create a bootable pendrive with Windows 10 on it. It would automatically activate once installed and connected to internet as long as you install the same version (home) which was already on PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Now here is link to Bios simulator for your model in English which might make things easier:

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=12079711&MEID=0F9C62F0-F260-43FF-9921-8326C3F93DFB

Make sure the pendrive is in a USB 2.0 port and not 3.0

So to install windows 7 first we need to turn off secure boot and enable legacy boot. In the Bios under heading Security (sicherheit) the choose the last item on the list "Secure boot configuration", now enable Legacy boot by first disabling secure boot and then enable legacy boot.

You might need to insert a code to disable secure boot, in the last picture you posted is written that to change secure boot configurations you need to enter " 9406 and press enter", so if this screen appears again insert the code and press enter.

Once you have done this go to boot order and you should also see legacy boot order (boot-reihenfolge), make sure you see the pendrive in the list. Exit Bios saving changes.

Reboot the computer and press ESC to get to startup menu and then press F9 to get to boot menu and choose the pendrive. 

There could be a problem installing Windows 7 from pendrive as it does not have USB 3.0 drivers included, however if you are still having problems let me know.

David

HP Recommended

Thank you "iomare". I did as you said and went with Win 10 64 bit Home edition. It works great.

I only have problem with Geforce GT 930MX working on games, maybe you will now how to set it right. 

But that's on another post. This one is solved thanks to you.

Best regards.

Gregory

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.