Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hi! I'm planning to add another hard drive for my computer, and making the second drive my primary drive for my desktop. And I notice that there are wires named p1,p2,p3...etc. And I dont know the wire to use to power up my hard drive. Do those wires has a designated function example is the p4 which is connected to my hard drive. Or I just need to use any of that wires? -Hp Pavillion -p7-1010d
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Joshua_Nuñez, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you wanted to know how to connect the second hard drive for your HP Pavilion p7-1010d Desktop PC.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Replacing or Adding a Hard Drive

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Joshua_Nuñez, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you wanted to know how to connect the second hard drive for your HP Pavilion p7-1010d Desktop PC.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Replacing or Adding a Hard Drive

Let me know how that works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response the link was helpful. And I have some question when I'm going to replace my old hard drive. Do I need to purchase the Hp recovery Media From Hp? Because This computer came along with a Hp reovery or are they not the same?

HP Recommended

And Im planning to replace my old hard drive (Hitachi 500gb) with Toshiba 1TB.  And how do I install this new hard drive?

HP Recommended

@Joshua_Nuñez, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if you need to purchase the recovery cd as you already have one.

If you have the recovery cd then you can use th same one.

For replacing the hard drive please follow the link mentioned in the previous interaction.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Hi!
Thank You for the response and its been helpful to me to have some answers. Thank You!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.