cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
BrandonP
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Question about PC

HP Recommended
a6400f
Microsoft Windows Vista

I swapped the pentium E2200 processor with a pentium D 925 processor.  The PC was beeping when I turned it on with the 925 processor so I shut it off and put the E2200 processor back in it.  It's no longer beeping however I don't know if it's funtionally normally since I have no video now.  I have a dell E2014 monitor connected to a video card.  Not sure of the video card model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
48,184 21,044 4,669 8,831
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BrandonP

Did you connect the display to the I/O plate at the back of the PC or to a video card? 

Your PC, according to the specs was not delivered with a video card.

I suggest removing the vidoe card and trying the output at the rear of the motherboard.

@BrandonP

That is just putting it back into its base configuration to verify that it still works.

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time and offer my knowledge to support fellow users. The only reason I am here is to assist others to try to resolve their products issues.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You put a Pressler processor in an incompatible motherboard.  

You might have damaged your motherboard.

The following processors are compatible with your motherboard.

• Intel Core 2 Quad (Y) Q9xxxx
  • Intel Core 2 Duo (W) E8xxx
  • Intel Core 2 Quad (K) up to Q6600
  • Core 2 Duo E6x00 (C) up to E6700
  • Core 2 Duo E4x00 (C) up to E4400

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time and offer my knowledge to support fellow users. The only reason I am here is to assist others to try to resolve their products issues.
BrandonP
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it had damaged the motherboard, wouldn't it still beep when I turn it on?  It does not beep now that I put the E2200 processor back in it.

erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BrandonP

Did you connect the display to the I/O plate at the back of the PC or to a video card? 

Your PC, according to the specs was not delivered with a video card.

I suggest removing the vidoe card and trying the output at the rear of the motherboard.

@BrandonP

That is just putting it back into its base configuration to verify that it still works.

View solution in original post

BrandonP
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I Installed a Radeon 5450 video card so I could connect my DVI monitor.

erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See my previous post. I edited it.

BrandonP
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like something is wrong with the motherboard.  I put in a new video card but still get no video.  I have another desktop to use with the new video card.  Thank you @erico for your assistance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation