Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
RP5800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to get a RP5800 up and running.  Had it given to me and i figured it would be good to use with my 3D printing work.    My problem is after around 30 minutes it just shuts off.  No warning or any thing it just shuts off.  I am running windows 10 64bit on it.  I have done 2 fresh windows install on the hard drive and now one on the SSD i have in it.  To rule out that it was maybe windows i tried a live linux distro and it still dies.  Odd thing about it is when it shuts off one of the leds on the front that show the status of the network flashes until i push the power button.  I have went through the BIOS, and updated the BIOS.  To rule out other problems i unhooked the dvd drive, unhooked the front panel power switch, unhooked the network cable and cleaned it all out.  Could it be a power supply issue or some thing else

Thanks, Dan

My specs are:

Windows 10 64bit

Core i3-2120

250G SSD

500G Hard drive

4G memory

Radeon HD 6350

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I dug around in my PC stock pile and found some different ram, and it still shut down.

I am running out of options.

Dan

HP Recommended

I tried a different graphics card and it still shuts down.  I guess I am down to the mother board, the CPU or the power supply.

Dan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.