Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1234
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

whenever I start to boot my Pc up, it goes into a reboot loop, first, it'll be a black screen. Then the boot/load up/Windows screen.  Then what I'm guessing is a PC information screen. Then off and it restarts the loop all over again until I turn it off. Is there any way I can stop this "process" so that I can reset my computer? MANY thanks in advanced.  P.s I do not have my restart disk, it's in a box somewhere. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PatriotWolf

I would like to take a moment to thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that your HP Pavilion p7-1234 Desktop PC is stuck in a reboot loop. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Do not worry though as I have a few recommendations. I suggest you to perform a few troubleshooting steps that will isolate and fix the issue:

• Press and hold the power button of the PC to power it off.
  • Disconnect all cables from the PC (including the power cable).
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect the power cable, monitor, keyboard and mouse.
  • Power on the PC.

If the PC boots up normally into Windows then please perform the below steps to disable Automatic restart from Windows. If the issue still persists then skip the below steps and scroll down and look for steps to disable the Automatically restart option if the computer does not boot to Windows.

1. Click Start , right-click Computer, and then click Properties .

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Click Advanced system settings.

Figure: System Information

Image of System Information showing location of Advanced system settings

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then select Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

Figure: System Properties

Image of System Properties window with Startup and Recovery highlighted

4. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, and then click OK.

Figure: Startup and Recovery

Startup and Recovery window

5. Restart the computer.

Steps to  disable the Automatically restart option if the computer does not boot to Windows:

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, an error may cause the computer to stop operating, but it will not display an error message if the Automatic Restart on Error option is enabled. Disabling this option will allow the computer to display the error message.

1. Restart the computer and press the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.

2. Select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option.

3. Restart the computer to accept this change.

To run hardware tests on the PC, please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2gFu8P2

Let me know the outcome. I'm always here to support. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PatriotWolf

I would like to take a moment to thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that your HP Pavilion p7-1234 Desktop PC is stuck in a reboot loop. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Do not worry though as I have a few recommendations. I suggest you to perform a few troubleshooting steps that will isolate and fix the issue:

• Press and hold the power button of the PC to power it off.
  • Disconnect all cables from the PC (including the power cable).
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect the power cable, monitor, keyboard and mouse.
  • Power on the PC.

If the PC boots up normally into Windows then please perform the below steps to disable Automatic restart from Windows. If the issue still persists then skip the below steps and scroll down and look for steps to disable the Automatically restart option if the computer does not boot to Windows.

1. Click Start , right-click Computer, and then click Properties .

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Click Advanced system settings.

Figure: System Information

Image of System Information showing location of Advanced system settings

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then select Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

Figure: System Properties

Image of System Properties window with Startup and Recovery highlighted

4. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, and then click OK.

Figure: Startup and Recovery

Startup and Recovery window

5. Restart the computer.

Steps to  disable the Automatically restart option if the computer does not boot to Windows:

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, an error may cause the computer to stop operating, but it will not display an error message if the Automatic Restart on Error option is enabled. Disabling this option will allow the computer to display the error message.

1. Restart the computer and press the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.

2. Select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option.

3. Restart the computer to accept this change.

To run hardware tests on the PC, please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2gFu8P2

Let me know the outcome. I'm always here to support. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thank  you so much for your response, my uncle actually took my computer to fix it and he has. But I will save this response for the future if I run into the same problem again.  

HP Recommended

@PatriotWolf

You are welcome. 🙂 I'm glad that your computer is working fine. Feel free to reach out to us for any technical assistance in future. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.