Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-a010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have SGX setting on System Security section including other two items of Virtualization and TPM in BIOS. I changed SGX setting from software controlled to enable. I saw critical error for AESMService of SGX/admin in the Event View log after the change. However, I couldn't return it back to software controlled setting and the critcal error continued.

I searched for the internet for BIOS setting being unable to be saved. Most tutorials talked about that the reasons for being unable to save BIOS file was because of a broken hardware. I don't agree my situation is in that way. Can anybody tell me the correct setting way in BIOS? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you made the BIOS change did you go back to the Main page and "Save Changes and Exit"? 

If you did, please try this method by:

1.) Remaining in the same page you make the changes.

2.)Select Save, than confirm the changes. You will remain within the same page.

3.) Than Select Exit and confirm one more time.

THe system will reboot after this and load back into Windows.

I'm an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you made the BIOS change did you go back to the Main page and "Save Changes and Exit"? 

If you did, please try this method by:

1.) Remaining in the same page you make the changes.

2.)Select Save, than confirm the changes. You will remain within the same page.

3.) Than Select Exit and confirm one more time.

THe system will reboot after this and load back into Windows.

I'm an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your instruction to confirm the procedures of BIOS configuration.

I observed that my BIOS just didn't accept software controlled choice for SGX security device. I saved disable for SGX in BIOS and the critical errors disappeared in my Event View log. To enable SGX at BIOS level will consume some RAM every time I turn on my computer. I would like to protect my computer's physical status rather than the software security in my computer. Only institutions and business individuals need protect their files very badly.

Thank you again for your prompt reply and have a great weekday!

HP Recommended

It allowed me to set software controlled from disable for SGX in BIOS later and there was no critical error alert from the SGX log in my Event Viewer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.