Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, can someone help me, my computer is stuck on hp logo when starting up. I have read some article that says to press windows key + B and the power button for 2-3s, but I think my keyboard is not working because when I press numlock the light above do not light up and also my mouse is not lighting up. the solution I tried is to restart and then transfer the keyboard and mouse usb connection into the front of the cpu instead of the back, But it did not work, my keyboard and mouse is still not working (lighting up).

So basically I have a computer that is stuck on hp logo and both mouse and keyboard not working.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You did not mention your model or product ID.  I assume you do not have a laptop as you mentioned moving the cables to the front.  That is actually a good test to see if those USB ports are damaged.

What caused the problem in the first place?
Power glitch?
Upgrade to windows 11?
Microsoft or HP update?
Add a new device, memory, etc?

General trouble shooting is here

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/ish_3974055-3873564-16

Something you might try and report results back here:  Insert a USB flash drive that has an "activity"  LED and turn on your computer.  Does the LED flash when the computer boots up?  Is the screen blank or does the HP logo still show up?

I would do the following which is basically  what the trouble shooting url above wants

- Unplug from wall, tap power button 2-3 times to discharge residual electricity

- disconnect all but keyboard (or mouse) and monitor

- Open case and use Air duster in the motherboard and especially in the power supply area (if you  have an internal power supply)

- If you have an older system look for defective electrolytic capacitors using these example images.

- if motherboard has built in video then remove the graphics board and use the motherboard video.

touch finger to metal case before touching any components

- remove memory and put it back in.

Turn back on and see if the keyboard (or mouse) light up.  They need to turn on else there is major problem 

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to help me solve my problem. 

Yes, I am using an old desktop computer with Product number: 110-325d, It is very old  but I don't like to throw it away just yet, I am hoping to continue using it to play music thru speakers and watch movie.😁

back to your question on how it started, I don't know the reason how this problem occur. One night I'm still able to use it and then in the morning suddenly I can't. the only thing I remembered regarding updating is updating it to windows 8.1.

I have read the link you suggested and sadly the only thing I can do from the list is to clean the vent because I can't access settings that requires me to press something from the keyboard but still I get the same problem.

I also tried resetting the pc, look for defective electrolytic capacitors(there is none)  and removed the memory and put it back in but it also did not work. 

Attached here is the image of what my computer is displaying. I noticed that on the left side of the logo there is something not right. When I first open my computer it was white and then when I restarted it it became black(The lines on the left side of the HP logo). 

So I'm guessing this is a processor problem, I am using AMD E1-2500 which integrates Radeon HD 8240 GPU.

Again thank you very much sir.

image.png

HP Recommended

You have a greenwood motherboard as mentioned by this specification

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-110-300-desktop-pc-series/6879077/model/7096601/document/c04...

The CPU is soldered to the motherboard.  That photo shows artifacts which are commonly caused by the video processor.

Possibly the memory being shared with the processor.  Remove the two sticks of memory, clean the contacts with an eraser and put first one then the other back in after looking for debris in memory sockets.

you might compare the photo on ebay yours and look for damage such as bulging or leaking capacitors 

You can also swap out the motherboard but I really recommend a newer system capable of windows 11

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds. devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.

Regards,

Will

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.