Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I don't know how it could be a WIndows issue as it still won't turn on automatically even if there is no drive in the computer.  I've reset the bios to defaults, set the bios to automatic on but the computer still won't turn on at that time.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @JasonY, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have BIOS power on issues on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issues scheduling BIOS to power on the PC.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to bypass the need to press the PC's front power button in order to boot from a full shutdown state (certainly not automatically anyway).

In the BIOS, go to the Power menu and check the box for Wake System from S5.  Then you will see four additional options to set the wakeup date, hour, minute and second. This may be what you are looking for.

Go to BIOSPower Management > Resume By Alarm > Enable.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an entire fleet of 640-G2 (replace previous G1's) and 1/3 of them refuse to auto power on.  Some worked at first but later also refused to obay the setting.

BIOS navigation:  Advanced > Scheduled Power-On

I have even copied the BIOS from working unit to USB and applied to affected unit with no luck.

Attempts to resolve

- Upgraded BIOS

- Reset BIOS and reconfigured

- Reimaged hard drive

- Restored BISO backup from working unit.

I need this functionality because this is an educational enviroment. I scheduled a shutdown at 6:00 PM and use this BIOS feature to schedule power time before classroom opening. In this process student work folder are updated. It has always worked on pevious model 640-G1 and HP desktops.

Intersting observations

- Wake on LAN works

- Also unattended wakeup works (when task scheduled in Windows)

Very odd behavior and might just be a code error in BIOS that they haven't caugh yet.

Please read what steps I have taken before suggesting anything,

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm seeing the same issue, but with Desktop Minis (EliteDesk 800 DM G2). They're doing the same thing. Scheduled power on at 6:30AM, and only about 1/4 of them honor it. Interestingly, different ones seem to honor it every day. Using latest BIOS and Windows 10. 

There's no obvious rhyme or reason as to which ones will honor it on any given day. All units are shut down at midnight via scheduled task if they're not shut down by a user beforehand. Shutting down manually vs. by task doesn't make a difference when I check them the following morning. Wake on LAN works fine on these units.

HP Recommended

Same issue related to @JasonY.  However, on an HP Stream 11 Pro EE G4.  Latest F.17 BIOS, latest divers, latest Windows 10 update.

HP Recommended

HPCompaq Elite 8300 Small, Windows 8.1.
Many PCs are not included on the timer from the BIOS. The solution is to disable (uncheck) the option "Enable quick launch (recommended)" in the power settings. From the server, you can spread the registry branch using group policies: HKLM \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Power \ HiberbootEnabled - with a value of 0. Learn more https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-RU/58…?forum=windows8ru

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.