Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I'm in need of some help with my HP ENVY23, when I turn the PC on it comes up with Secure Boot Violation before it even begins to load windows.

I can by pass this by pressing ESC key on startup going to BIOS settings and selecting, "apply default settings and save" this lets me load the PC completely normally. This is not a fix just a bypass as I have to do this every time I load the PC.

I have tried numerous solutions as I have extensively researched this issue I have tried unsuccessfully=

Full Recovery fresh windows setup

Disable secure boot control

Disable fast boot

Change CMOS battery

Change UEFI start up 

My BIOS is from 2012 and HP supporter doesn't have a new version of BIOS for my PC

Please Help,

Greatly appreciated Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI,

Disabling Secure boot and enabling Legacy support (Link) should fix this.

Do you have a USB device connected to the PC that may be causing this?

Did you change any hardware?

You could remove the HP Secure boot keys and create a new set of keys. This may fix the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, Grzwacz

Thanks for your response,

I have disabled Secure boot and enabled legacy support, saved and exited, After confirming code to accept the change, It now stays on the HP screen, it doesn't get the circle with dots to start to load windows, but I don't get the Secure boot violation.

I have no USB devices plugged in nor have I changed any hardware

I have also set HP secure boot keys to "clear"and set them to custom keys this also got me to the HP screen and no further to load windows. But like the top change I don't get any error or failure message just sits on the HP screen and does nothing.

Thanks you, have you got any other suggestions 

Cheers Martin

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Wow, what is happening is really strange.

Have you run any HP diagnostics to check hardware?

Maybe your PC has rogue code running at startup which is causing the secure boot error.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.