Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy

Hello, I am new, so hopefully, I get all the info you need.

Got the red warning of invalid signature after my last reboot. Spent 2 hours with windows tech support, made the USB recovery, started the non working computer with the usb, everything downloaded and was set back to before my last update. Computer restarts, still says I have the secure boot violation. What am I doing or not doing wrong? 

Have had this desktop for 2 years, last big update (I guess) got the black screen of death. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please describe, in detail,  the steps Microsoft Tech Support took to solve the problem.

I don't want to offer suggestions you may have already tried.

Regards

HP Recommended

These are the steps I took. 

On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.

• Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and then run it.
  • Select Create installation media for another PC.
  • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
  • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
  • Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.

PROCEED TO THIS STEP

• On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
  • Select Repair your computer.
  • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can:
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files.
    • Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.

Once I got this far, all info successfully restored. However, after the system "restored", it shut itself off and up came the warning again. 

It comes up with a warning 48099867_10217264192493075_506090964448706560_n.jpg

I need to either use the chkdisk /R on the disk or make a back up of my info, I can not lose the information I have on my computer. 

HP Recommended

had to work with HP to reinstall. Had to erase everything and he tells me it will be stored. Thank you for trying to help

HP Recommended

Hi Deni_k,

You're very welcome.

Good to hear you got this sorted out.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.