BADBOY1976
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Secure boot disabling

HP Recommended
HP Omni 100-5052 AMD Anthlon II Processors
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and older

I can not find out turn off secure boot and it won't let me install the OS unless secure boot is disabled. I have searched the BIOS settings and it's not there. I have searched and searched. Is there a BIOS install I can do to get this feature? I have seen two videos where people have done successful installs on the same PC, but they never said how they disabled the secure boot feature. I have checked my firewall, security settings, device settings, not a thing I can find anywhere. Please help before this PC gets a hammer taken to it!

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,093 124,449 20,715 31,804
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Omni 100-5052 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Its release date was 31-August-2010, long before Secure Boot was even heard of.

If you are having issues installing an operating system, it isn't because of any secure boot setting.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation