Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-07-2021 01:00 PM
@Jhindow -- is there is any way to go back to older version of BIOS?
The "standard" way of updating the BIOS usually prevents you from "downgrading" the BIOS.
Maybe, if you are "sneaky" and "adventourous" ...
- remove the disk-drive from the computer
- connect it as a secondary disk-drive in some other computer
- start the other computer
- assign a drive-letter to the "hidden" partition on the secondary disk-drive
- find the BIOS file -- it may be a ".bin" file
- copy that file into a "new folder" on the primary disk-drive
- delete the file from the secondary disk-drive, but first make a note of the full "filename"
- download the older BIOS to your primary disk-drive
- rename the file, to match the full "filename" in your notes
- copy the renamed file to the secondary disk-drive
- shutdown your computer
- disconnect the secondary disk-drive
- reconnect it to the original computer
- boot the original computer, and see if you can force a BIOS update (it might read the "renamed" file from that "hidden" partition) to load the older BIOS
- Cross your fingers, that the above MIGHT work,
- If you turned the motherboard into a "brick", here is my warning that this MIGHT happen to you.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community