Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23 q214 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless desktop was left on without putting in sleep mode. When I returned to it, it had the expected black screen which usually awakens after moving mouse or hitting space bar. Did not work, but a few times I saw a flash on the screen of a white and black pattern and the sound only of a YouTube video I downloaded to Facebook!   I changed batteries in mouse and keyboard, turned off computer then turned on later and was OK. But same thing happened again the same way.   Cannot get screen to wake up, white light on bottom right indicates power is on. Moving mouse brings the flash of patterned screen. Help! And thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Lots of things can cause your issue.

1. Look for a BIOS update.  I suggest running the HP Support Assistant and see if it picks up a BIOS update along with other other updates.

2. Re-install the graphics driver from the support site if the abover updates don't correct your problem.

3. Go into Device Manager and locate the Mouse and Keyboard. Right mouse right and select properties and review the Power Management settings. Make sure each is set to wake your PC.

I had a similar issue with a NVIDIA driver (new update is bad) so I reloaded the old NVIDIA driver and then my PC monitor would wake up from a black screen condition.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Went into device Manager and was already set to have mouse and keyboard wake the screen up. I tried HP support for updates but I’m not sure what BIOS update will do or even if that’s the issue. Same with drivers...not that technical enough to know. The only way to o turn off the computer from sleep mode with black screen is to push on-off button. When I turn back on, it’s fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.