Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion b510-p136
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp pavilion 510-p136 gets stuck ok boot screen with solid state drive installed no key functions..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jerialone 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...
You mention the drive has been "installed" -- but you failed to describe WHAT you did to "install" it.

If you just put a blank drive into a PC, it will not boot from it because the boot loader partition and associated files have not been properly loaded onto it.

Also, if you just copy the OS from your old drive to this SSD, that also will not work because copying the OS does not properly loade the boot files.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.