Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite small form Factor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I spilled some water onto the pc a couple days ago, I made sure to unplug it and let it dry but now when I turn it on it clearly has power but makes 4 red beeps and I’ve tried RAM removal, replacing the ram, cleaning it and checking for any damage but I see nothing serious or any damage at all and it’s getting tiring to figure out what is wrong with it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear this has happened. Liquids and electronics don't play well together.

Water will short components down to the MB even if the PC is off and plugged into a active power source. A four beep BIOS error code suggests you have a power failure condition.

This site (Link) lists possible fixes when a PC has a four beep BIOS POST error.

The following is an excerpt from the above site:

Power button LED blinks 4 times with 4 beeps
Power failure
  1. Make sure the 4 or 6 wire power supply cable is seated into the connector on the system board.
  2. Remove all attached devices (such as hard, diskette, or optical drives, and expansion cards).
  3. Turn on the system. If the system enters the POST, then power off the system. Replace one device at a time and repeat this procedure until failures occur. Replace the device or devices causing the failures.
    If necessary to resolve the issue, replace the power supply and/or the system board.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.