Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6305 SFF/Product # E4F35UC#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having a problem with my desktop PC. Every time I go to turn it on my computer starts "preparing automatic prepare" then goes into "diagnosing your PC" and finally a blue screen with the error message "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC." It then states that I need to: Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC.

Then the last line shows this text:

Log file: I\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I have tried all sorts of fixing issues options, but I still keep getting this message upon startup. How do I get this problem to go away?!? My hard drive is fine and the only way that I can get access to my computer screen is to insert a USB drive with a Windows suggested software called Lazesoft Recovery Suite 4.5. I have to have my desktop off, insert the USB, then hit the F12 KEY until the drive starts to boot up then after it does my computer starts right up. That is a long and tedious process every time I want to gain access to my computer and there has got to be a solution to this issue somewhere. Plz, Help...

**My PC was working fine up until I added a second hard drive, but I don't see how that could affect the start-up process. What am I missing?!?**

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you disconnect the power from the second disk-drive, does Windows start normally?

My hard drive is fine

Maybe, "physically", it can successfully be written-to and read-from, but somehow the collection of files that allow Windows to start-up are not logically "consistent".

I would start-up Windows, with the method you described, and copy all your files/music/pictures/E-mail onto an external disk-drive. Then, remove the disk-drive, connect a brand-new SSD (much faster than your current disk-drive) and install Windows onto the SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.