Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ5000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, hope you are all well! I am having a problem with startup, I have a Windows 7 but built a Windows 10 and everything has been going good till now. The startup has messed up a couple times bed\fore but I went into BIOS and fixed it but now I cannot even get into F8 or F10 to get to anything.

Here is what I found in the process of elimination, the screen (monitor) seems to be the culprit, I turn it off at the monitor and turn it back on and it show the start up pages, time and date, then goes to my sign in page but goes black really fast. I turn it off and on again and can put in my password but then black again. I have unplugged it and replugged it but did not help. Have any ideas?

Compaq S2022A

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Bonjour

Hello
well all you can do to confirm is test the monitor with another computer
And with your computer, test a screen that works with another computer
The screen does not work correctly with another computer, your computer works with another screen, it is very likely that your screen has a problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

OK, I will see if I can find an old screen around here and then get back to you!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, I don't have another monitor besides my husbands laptop, is it possible to hook the pc up to it?

HP Recommended

No, sorry, I doubt that laptops can not be used as screens in general!

computer, does not have an HDMI port? not possible to connect it to a tv with HDMI?

on the other hand, see with your husband if you can connect your screen to it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.