Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one 24 touch

Everytime i turn on my computer the startup menu loads and goes to the up logo, the screen goes black for a second and goes back to start up menu. I have windows 10 btw.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your symptoms are very strange. You are stuck at the HP UEFI Startup screen but you reset the BIOS and HP Diagnostics pass.

You think you have a hardware problem somewhere. HP Diagnostics may be missing the problem.

Disconnect any unnecessary peripheral devices. 

Look at the power supply.

Disassemble the PC. You have an AIO PC. This product can be a pain to take apart.

Remove and replace the CR2032 MB battery to reset CMOS.

Don't know what else to say short of systematically replacing components until you find the bad part (expensive and time consuming). Or have a local PC tech take a look if you are out of warranty.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Tough to say what is happening.

Try to run HP Diagnostics.

Start the PC. Tap "ESC". Select "F2". run system and component tests.

Regards

HP Recommended

The computer passed the system test . What components do i need to test.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Run all component tests  (HDD, processor, memory, network adapters, etc.) available.

Try resetting the BIOS to defaults if possible. Start the PC, tap "ESC", select BIOS Setup (F10).

Select apply Defaults and Exit within the File menu. 

Regards

HP Recommended

All the components passed the test. I also did the BIOS setup and it’s still startup menu and ho logo then repeats.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your symptoms are very strange. You are stuck at the HP UEFI Startup screen but you reset the BIOS and HP Diagnostics pass.

You think you have a hardware problem somewhere. HP Diagnostics may be missing the problem.

Disconnect any unnecessary peripheral devices. 

Look at the power supply.

Disassemble the PC. You have an AIO PC. This product can be a pain to take apart.

Remove and replace the CR2032 MB battery to reset CMOS.

Don't know what else to say short of systematically replacing components until you find the bad part (expensive and time consuming). Or have a local PC tech take a look if you are out of warranty.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.