Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22-3000nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP support app gave me a recommendation to run a BIOS update. So I did. After the update was installed, my computer is stuck in the bios update and restart of the computer. It is repaiting a loop of bios recovery and then tries to start up,  then goes back to bios update, then bios recovery again... etc. It does not start up to Windows.  It's giving me the message "Bios recovery 500".  

My pc doesn't respond to any keys (like ESC or F10).

I already reset the cmos. Also downloaded a previous bios version to a usb stick and then started my pc via the bios on the usb. This didn't work.

Does anyone know what else I can try to get out of the loop of bios recovery?

Thanks,

Daan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

A BIOS update using the HP Support Assistant can sometimes cause your problem.

This HP Support site (Link) provides options to recover from a bad BIOS update. You have tried many options available to fix this. You may have to contact HP Support. 

Your PC is out of warranty so it may be expensive (cost to fix this problem may exceed the benefit) to fix this.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.