Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac120nr

My laptop has been out of use for a long while until I got the screen fixed recently. Now when I turn it on, it is stuck on the boot screen. Is there any way to fix this? I have an HP 15-ac120nr if that helps.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So you mean that it just stays with the round HP logo and doesn't go any further?

Try tapping ESC as soon as you switch it on, this should get rid of the HP logo and show you any errors in the back ground. If you get a blue menu as a result of tapping ESC, then press F2 to run diags and see if it reports anything. I guess it's possible that something wasn't plugged back in when the screen was replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.