Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

PC stuck in boot loop. Won’t get to windows screen, just continues to try and boot up for 3-5 seconds, then shuts down. Last night I did an automatic update upon shut down so I’m guessing it didn’t like the update as opposed to a power or component issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

no PC told just OMEN

boot loops are common (I can only guess BIOS works ,esc , and other hot keys to BIOS.

1: RTC coin cell battery dead.

2: BIOS played with (troll kids and ankle biters.) boot order set wrong by kids, or pranks, in BIOS screen./

3: HDD bad or set wrong #2 above

4: w10 updates gone wrong boot 3times cold boot and w10 does auto repair.

5: w10 infected, or root kits erased boot files.

6: hdd test fails smart tests, run HP diagnostics to see if HW is good for sure HDD.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

EB819860-1016-41AE-929F-6A15B3C401D3.jpeg

i was able to get this screen once, but I can’t get that far again. Tried hard reset, and taking out the ram and video card and reinstalling.

HP Recommended

562E0B4C-0E16-45A0-9E10-4306A1B4F09A.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.