Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-one Computer wi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My niece downloaded a bunch of games that has viruses on them and we just bought this computer a month ago (May 2018) and it was running good for awhile till she started downloading things. The computer became slow and random tabs on the internet are coming out, can’t use the internet because it locked up everything including youtube, google, facebook etc. so I look up online to how to “format” my own computer or at least erase all the viruses and saw that I can go to settings and do some kind of rebooting thing so I followed the steps and it was okay for awhile, it was loading really slow up to 100% and then when I came back there’s a blue square box with a message saying:

The following configuration change was requested to this computer’s trusted platform module (TPM):
Clear TOM
Warninf: clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.
Press F1= Accept. Press F2= Reject

And I looked it up again and the majority chose to click F1 but when I did try to click any of the button on my keyboard (I have a Pavilion desktop so I have my own USB/Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connected to it) none of the keys work and so I went to read some of the people having the same problems as me and tried everything they did including the off and on button + windows and B keys on keyboard till it makes a beep sound but didn’t work, the - & + volume button, tried to plug it off and do those things again, tried to use my mouse etc. But none work. I really need help 😞 I’ve never had this problem before so I don’t know what to do.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> when I did try to click any of the button on my keyboard

> (I have a Pavilion desktop so I have my own USB/Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connected to it)

> none of the keys work ...

Have you tried holding-down SHIFT and then pressing F1?

Or, holding-down FN and then pressing F1?

Have you tried a different keyboard?

Have you tried entering BIOS SETUP, and "clearing" the TPM within that environment?

HP Recommended

I’m having the same issue but on my laptop and need help 

HP Recommended

@Shleldahl1

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about Community posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.