08-21-2018 06:03 PM
The following configuration change was requested to this computer’s trusted platform module (TPM):
Warninf: clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.
Press F1= Accept. Press F2= Reject
And I looked it up again and the majority chose to click F1 but when I did try to click any of the button on my keyboard (I have a Pavilion desktop so I have my own USB/Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connected to it) none of the keys work and so I went to read some of the people having the same problems as me and tried everything they did including the off and on button + windows and B keys on keyboard till it makes a beep sound but didn’t work, the - & + volume button, tried to plug it off and do those things again, tried to use my mouse etc. But none work. I really need help 😞 I’ve never had this problem before so I don’t know what to do.
08-28-2018 12:21 PM - edited 08-28-2018 12:22 PM
> when I did try to click any of the button on my keyboard
> (I have a Pavilion desktop so I have my own USB/Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connected to it)
> none of the keys work ...
Have you tried holding-down SHIFT and then pressing F1?
Or, holding-down FN and then pressing F1?
Have you tried a different keyboard?
Have you tried entering BIOS SETUP, and "clearing" the TPM within that environment?
01-03-2020 02:38 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about Community posting, please feel free to send me a private message!