Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Can't believe that HP is not able to provide a method for re-flashing BIOS to previous version.

I have this A0.07 installed as per HP recommendation and now my MB is trying to recover the BIOS, but it can't, due to so called "security reason"...

I pulled out the HDD and tried to boot it as a single drive in another HP PC - no boot at all. Just a blinking cursor.

Interrupted the boot and performed diagnostic via PC Doctor diagnostic tools on another PC. The HDD is fine, but BOOT STRUCTURE is shown as Unitialized/Corrupt "BIOHD-4"... I wonder WHY? Could it be the BIOS update?!! I think Yes.

Good thing that i was able to recover all files - bought USB HDD enclosure and another HDD. Already spent about $200 thanks to HP firmware update.

I suppose my PC is a history as i am not going to pay additional several 100s for MB replacement / PC repair as i am going to loose my Windows10 due to potential conflict of OS and NEW MB BIOS. Why HP talks about "out of warranty" status is beyond me. What warranty has to do with faulty BIOS firmware that HP posted on their site?

The only positive thing was that one of HP Support Managers that spoke with me on the phone was a nice and polite person. That's all positive... I doubt i will ever purchase any HP products.

Even if i purchase a similar MB - there is no guarantee that Recovery to Windows8.1 will be a success. HP does not sell replacement MB for my PC. 😞

HP Recommended

I see that I am not the only one with this issue. There is clearly a problem with HP machines which they don't know how to fix. Bought the Pavilion all-in-one 10 months ago for £870. Contacted HP support. Beyond 'try pressing ESC', they couldn't help. Now I'm losing earnings by the hour. Will never be buying a PC from them again!!! Now...off to do that review.

HP Recommended

KHodPry1 ,

You are correct, HP technical support is not really technical and not really support. 

It's a waste of time and potentially spending more money on spares, data recovery, etc.

I simply gave up on calling HP "help line". And also, after talking to HP support, i started receiving some bogus phone calls demanding my personal information, ip address, asking to get my permission to login, etc. I told those idiots to turn on their damaged brain cells - how could one login if PC was totally DEAD?! That was a scam for sure, but they claimed to be "from HP" and timing was perfect... How did they get my number? Eh?!

Anyways, i fixed my PC by ordering a brand new BIOS Chip and programming tools. Then i programmed it with OLD firmware, and soldered the new chip to the MB. Everything works fine after that and i  am NOT tempted to update BIOS firmware EVER!

HP Recommended

I forgot to mentioned that none of the parts, Motherboard or the BIOS Chip, were available from HP.

Nothing!

I had to purchase a blank BIOS chip from another company, and all other tools from eBay.

The message from HP site was "Part is not orderable"... 

HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. Glad you managed to fix yours. You're lucky to have the technical skills. I'm just inside warranty so my pc has been packed off to them for a fix. Not feeling reassured. As you say, nice people when you talk to them. It was interesting how many times I was asked 'Where did you buy it from?' and the tangible disappointment when I replied 'from you (HP) directly!'. There was no-one else to palm the problem off to. 🙂
HP Recommended

I don't understand how this can be accepted as a "Solution!".  Soldering off circuits on the MB is not something even HP technicians would do, I think.

This occured to me as well,I cannot believe that HP has not dealt with the root cause, how can you allow customers after 6 month to have access to a corrupt BIOS.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue does anyone know if they found a solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.