Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-a100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please can anyone help.

At boot my HP Pavilion 570-a100na is showing System Fan 090B error.

It is intermittent.

I am not sure if it is the CPU fan or the Case Fan causing this error.

Is there a BIOS fix or will replacing either the CPU /case fan fix this problem ?

Thank you

IMG_8700.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

CPU Fan HP Pavilion 570-a100naCPU Fan HP Pavilion 570-a100na

HP Recommended

@Naresh2021

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03620929

If the issue persists the FAN, Heat Sink, Thermal Paste might have to be replaced

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the kind message.

The BIOS blue screen error message refers to the system fan and not the CPU fan.

Both fans are spinning when the error message appears

I have removed the case fan and cleaned it thoroughly (since the picture, shown below, was taken).

I feel the system fan is not spinning at the correct speed at boot, when the BIOS is checking the system fan speed.

Is there a way to lower the BIOS Fan  speed thresholds ?

IMG_20210614_081245.jpgIMG_20210609_103013.jpg

HP Recommended

I updated the BIOS to the latest available version.

I have cleaned both fans and still the error persists, intermittently at Boot only .

The system works fine, if I press Enter to continue or re-boot.

HP 570-a100 BIOS-00.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi,

From your very kind link :

Step 4 : Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again.

How can I do this for a Desktop as the link you kindly posted, only has steps for a Laptop ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Please refer to step 2 in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will download and try the HP Hardware diagnostics.

Since it is a fresh install of Windows 10 Home, I do not think it is a driver issue as the error 90B only appears at Boot, which is prior to the POST delay and Windows has not even loaded.

Is there another fan compatible with HP Pavilion 570-a100na motherboard, with a higher RPM, I can purchase and try ?

Does it have to be 0.19A ?

Will DC 12V, 0.22A work (e.g Brand : Gembird) ?

I have a feeling the Delta Fan has a slow RPM build up at Boot, which triggers the BIOS Boot 90B error.

The fan specs are DELTA DSB0912M 12V 0.19A 3wires cooling fan
Part Type FAN
Model DSB0912M
Brand DELTA
Size 90 mm x 90 mm x 25 mm
Length 90 mm
Width 90 mm
height 25 mm
voltage 12V
Current 0.19A
Wires 3

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Please ensure you have the latest BIOS installed

If the issue persists I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the very kind reply.

I have updated the BIOS to the most current version, as shown by my screen shot of the system BIOS shown above.

I purchased the PC direct from HP in March 2018 with a 3 year care pack.

The 90B Fan error problem persisted from the very first day of receiving the HP computer from HP.

I have proof of a picture of the BIOS system Log showing the 90B fan error in March 2018

I was told the problem would sort itself as it might be a sticky fan.

The HP PC is now out of 3 year HP care pack warranty.

I do not think the out of warranty repair will be cost effective.

I have recently discovered many, many others with the same problem.

This is why I think my only cost effect option is to replace the fan with a different brand as the Delta range of Fans has inherent startup RPM faults.

Are there any other system and cpu fans that you can recommend, please ?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.