Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 24 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My brother dump this Pavilion 24 all-in-one on me, the system would boot to login screen, after entering pin the system would go to Black Screen showing only the mouse point and malware window for Driver Updates,  (Note he missed McAfee expiration date)   so I was able to get into safe mode but not with networking and uninstall this AutoRetrive Driver Update App using the control panel,  So now I need to get safeboot with networking to download Malwarebytes,   went to msconfig and changed to selective startup with networking but that wouldn't happen,  so in one of my attempts to modify startup sequence I believe I selected Diagnostic and now the system can't find the Pin Id,  so using the system process to get to Command Prompt which requires several power up and holding the power button the system started making this hidious beeping which sounded like 3 groups of 3 long,   After that the system refuse to boot,  per system procedure I've disconnected the power source,  I've press the power button for 15 sec. then reconnected power adapter and get the green led above the power adapter connection,  I then hit the power button which lights up,  get no system post, nothing comes up on display but I can hear hard drive winning up and I noticed that the LED for the power adapter starts to Blink,   1 long-2 short-1 long and goes out but the main power button light is still on,  Anybody got any ideas on what wrong with this system

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Do you have a spare disk-drive?

If so, remove the current disk-drive, and connect the spare.

Then, install Windows onto the spare disk-drive.

If asked for a product-key, click "I do not have one".

The Windows Installer will "call home" to Microsoft, to verify that Windows 10 was previously installed, which entitles you to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product-key.

If Windows does not install, you have some hardware problem.

If Windows does install, then connect the original disk-drive as a secondary disk-drive, to see if Windows can recognize it, and if you can read any files from the disk-drive.

HP Recommended

Usually with the AiO units powering on but just beeping means the ac adapter being used is under rated or faulty. eg. system requires 120W adapter, but there's a 90w adapter connected. Unit will power on, but just beep loudly. <-- Check this 1st.

Failing that, you could *try* a BIOS recovery

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

But it doesn't sound like you tried to update the BIOS, so not sure if this will help.

Also, if you do get it to boot, and your brother doesn't need the data on there, then just blow the lot away (F11 during POST to invoke recovery menu) or create a stock Windows 10 ISO USB stick and install clean vanilla Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.