Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-30-2019 10:36 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- What happened when you download install BIOS?
- Are you getting any error message or code?
- Are you downloading the BIOS from HP's website?
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
10-30-2019 12:18 PM
It's actually an old Desktop.
The big issue is that I'm getting the 1801- Microcode update error.
The HP support assistant doesn't give me updates when I check for them(may be since it's a very old PC)
when I head to the HP Support page for driver updates i.e.
There are two type of updates listed there under BIOS
- 786B BIOS Family Processor Microcode and
- HP Compaq Business Desktop system BIOS(768B2 BIOS)
I'm confused which one I should install.
The current BIOS in the system is 786B2 v1.11 which actually if you expand the HP Compaq Business Desktop system BIOS(786B2 BIOS) is listed under the previous version .
But since the first one is listed as a Microcode Update, I'm stuck that's why I wanted to know if the two are different
10-31-2019 03:38 AM - edited 10-31-2019 03:45 AM
Sorry, I could not take a picture since my phone is broken and I have no camera
First of all this is the error that I'm getting on boot up.
But this is exactly how my BIOS looks like,except with the following specs.
Product Name: HP d530 CMT(DJ869S)
Processor Type: Pentium (R) 4 processor 2800MHz
Processor Speed: 2800/800 MHz
Processor Stepping: F34
Cache size (L1/L2): 20/1024 KB
Memory size: 512 MB DDR/266 MHz/Dual Channel
System BIOS: 7862B2 v1.11
Chassis Serial Number: USU337060W
Asset Tracking Number: USU337060W
Should I first try the HP Compaq Business Desktop System BIOS (786B2 BIOS) version: 2.44 REV. A ?
Mind you I'm running Windows 7 32-bit not Windows XP (32-bit)
11-01-2019 03:43 PM
@Alvin_Kirui Your HP Compaq d530 Convertible Minitower Desktop PC is classified as a Commercial product. For information on this product, please contact our Commercial Support Team by filling the web form using this link - www.hp.com/contacthp
- On that page, where it says to enter my HP model number, enter your product details and click on find my product
- On the next page, it will ask you to enter your basic details and the description of the issue.
- Once you have filled that, click on show options.
- It will give you phone support option.
- Once you select that it will give you a case number and a phone number to contact.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community