01-10-2019 01:36 AM
Tried all options listed in the forum. Same issue. Removed RAMs, removed Hard-disk, changed clock battary...
System refuses to on, but just the fans are spinning fast, and the lights at the back to connect the remote keyboard and mouse are on, if i insert a CD, it takes in runs for a few seconds and nothing happens. Is this is motherbaord issue as well?
01-11-2019 09:53 AM - edited 01-11-2019 09:54 AM
Hey there! @SR1973, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand you have issues booting into the PC.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?
Have you tried checking with a different keyboard and mouse on your PC?
Are you able to boot into BIOS or F2 page from the PC?
Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.
Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.
Performing a hard reset to resolve a blank screen issue
Completely resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Follow these steps to perform a hard reset:
Turn off the computer.
Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
Disconnect the AC power adapter.
Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.
Reconnect the AC power adapter.
Turn on the computer.
If you are able to boot into BIOS try the steps recommended below to restore BIOS to default.
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Also, I would suggest you enable Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues with the PC. Click Here
Hope this helps!
Have a great day! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-11-2019 11:03 AM
Tried all the steps indicated below. Still the same issue. Not able to go into BIOS and still have a blank screen and the fans countine to spin lowdly. Please let me know if there are any other steps to try and follow.
01-11-2019 02:00 PM
@SR1973, Thanks for your quick response and time.
I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.
As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.
It certainly sounds like a hardware issue with the PC.
I will share you few details through a private message about the service options.
Please watch your inbox for more information.
Have a pleasant day ahead!
Take Care! 🙂
I am an HP Employee