Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Whenever I boot up my PC now a blue screen appears saying an error has occurred with my Trusted platform Module and Bitlocker and it requires me to do either a full or partial reboot of the TPM(Trusted Platform) and Ive done both but it still has come to the same blue screen. To which it then asks for a recovery key and I enter that and get back in like normal. Now I'm trying to decipher what is happening exactly and from my internet hunt and apparently my TPM is encrypted which makes my Bitlocker not able to communicate with my TPM unless I put in the recover key?. Im not sure what I need to do now in order to prevent the boot screen, I cant seem to locate my Bitlocker application but I might just be looking in the wrong place. Recommendations Ive found on my hunt is to disable my bitlocker so I dont require a key for TPM to boot up. Would love some further insight to make a better judgement in this situation. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @KaptainIndy 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. From what I have understood, you are getting an error every time you boot your system to Windows saying an error has occurred with your Trusted platform Module. Do not worry, we are here to help you with it.

May I know if you made any recent hardware or software changes to your system?

Could you tell me the exact error message you are getting while booting your system to Windows?

Please perform the steps below and let me know if you see any difference:

I suggest you update the BIOS of your system using the HP Support Assistant.

Also, clear the TPM cache

• Open the TPM MMC  by typing tpm.msc in the service box
  • If the User Account Control dialogue box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Yes.
  • Under Actions, click Clear TPM.
  • You will be prompted to restart the computer. During the restart, you might be prompted by the UEFI to press a button to confirm that you wish to clear the TPM.
  • After the PC restarts, your TPM will be automatically prepared for use by Windows 10.

You can refer to these Links: https://hp.care/2JIsmOZ and https://hp.care/2LebHit

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello @KaptainIndy

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created with your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @KaptainIndy 

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.