Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
27-a071a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had a problem with my All in one desk top 27-a071a since a recent BIOS upgrade went through. The computer now seems not to shut down properly and won't restart when I press the start button. I can still hear the fan going and if I hold the power button in to force a shut down, it shuts down and then I can start the computer, albeit very slowly. it should start in a crack but it takes a good 30 seconds to a minute showing the HP sign before booting up. I have also noticed that I am unable to set a pin for the windows log in and therefore it will no longer do the windows hello log in either.

I have already gone through the diagnostics on the web site and reinstalled the BIOS and have also completely reinstalled Windows 10...  to no avail.

I have had a closer look and it would appear that the trusted platform module 2.0 driver is not starting the ACPI device. I can't find a new driver to install.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jack1954

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you're in need of support 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

How did you reinstall Windows on your PC?

Let's try these steps to resolve:

Run a troubleshooter

Windows 7 and later: Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Update the device driver: Update the device driver from Windows Update

Update the hardware's device driver through Windows Update.

Also, run a system test to ensure hardware is good:

• Press the Power button to turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until you see HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
  • From the UEFI main menu, click System Tests, then click Quick Test.
  • Click Run once.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take up to 15 minutes.
  • If no system component failed, please go back to main menu and Exit from the screen
  • If a component fails a test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank youfor your reply, answers to your questions-

Windows was reinstalled using windows system recovery.

Windows updates are the latest.

Have run the hardware and devices trouble shooter a number of times with the same reply "Trusted Platform Module 2 has a driver problem"

windows has determined that the latest driver is installed for this device.

This shows as a code 10 error.

In device manager it shows the device symbol with a triangle over it.

I have disabled and re-enabled with no success but am not confident enough to uninstall and reinstall.

Have run the Diagnostics UEFI all tests passed. (Memory quick check tested 15.7GB)

HP Recommended

@Jack1954

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

To resolve TPM issues after Windows updates:

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .
  2. Under Security processor, select Security processor details.
  3. Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Keep me posted,

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Have followed those steps up to Device Security after that I don't have Security Processor.

I get Secure boot is on and

Standard Hardware security not supported.

I should tell you that when I bought this computer I had the Hard drive removed and installed as an external drive and in its place I had 520gb SSD installed.

Does this make a difference?

HP Recommended

@Jack1954

Thanks for the information, 

Since we have exhausted possible steps, I would suggest you contact phone support:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.