Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2165z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there. I have a problem with trying to boot from both a USB flash drive and with trying to boot from the DVD drive,

So far here is what I have tried. I went into the BIOS and changed the boot sequence to boot from USB first, then boot from DVD/CD and I have tried turning off secure boot. I have also tried booting using the F9 and F11 options but nothing works.

I back up my OS every day because I have work related stuff on it and should the system crash and I'm not able to boot into windows, I can recover from a backup on a second hard drive booting from a USB flash drive or the DVD drive but like I say above, I can't boot into either.

So if anyone has any idea how to fix this issue I would really appreciate it. I really like this little desktop but if I can't fix this issue then I will have to start a return to HP and go with another brand.

Thanks in advance

Blu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again WAWOOD. Well I download Macrium 7and it looks good. However I can't see anything about creating a bootable USB stick. Am I missing something, or is this option only on the paid version.

Now then I think I have figured out the problem, I'm still recovering from a really aggressive stomach bug that lasted nearly two weeks and today I was tired all day long, so maybe today wasn't a good day to do this.  That's my excuse for the following admission and I'm sticking to it. 😉

I've been trying to boot in with my 32bit USB stick. I'm going to download the 62 bit version tomorrow and try that. I'd still like to try the Macrium though, so if there is a way to create bootable USB stick please share.

Regards

Blu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Blu3220 

IF this were mine, I would install the free version of Macrium Reflect -- an imaging ang booting tool -- because it creates a boot USB stick that knows the mode of your PC and will create the correct partitions and formatting for the stick to boot.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Run MR and choose the option to create Recovery Media -- that will format and create a USB stick

3) Turn off the PC, insert the USB stick and reboot.

4) If the PC does not reboot using this stick, then I would seriously consider returning it as something basic is wrong with it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi WAWOOD and thank you for the reply. I'll download it later this evening and give it a try and report back.

The thing is though I was and still am using a rather expensive backup software that works just fine on my wife's PC and also works fine on my 6 month old laptop. I just can't understand why it won't work on this new PC.

HP Recommended

Hi again WAWOOD. Well I download Macrium 7and it looks good. However I can't see anything about creating a bootable USB stick. Am I missing something, or is this option only on the paid version.

Now then I think I have figured out the problem, I'm still recovering from a really aggressive stomach bug that lasted nearly two weeks and today I was tired all day long, so maybe today wasn't a good day to do this.  That's my excuse for the following admission and I'm sticking to it. 😉

I've been trying to boot in with my 32bit USB stick. I'm going to download the 62 bit version tomorrow and try that. I'd still like to try the Macrium though, so if there is a way to create bootable USB stick please share.

Regards

Blu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.