Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I really, really need help! I am not a Techie but I am trying to replace the original Toshiba M.2 PCIe SSD (256MB) NVME

(Model # KBG30ZMV256G) with a higher memory M.2.  However, when I installed the newer M.2 the PC would not boot up at all. It showed a blue screen that said HDMI1 was not connected. I checked and the only HDMI1 that I have on my PC was plugged in. I am not even able to boot to Bios to try to check to see if the new M.2 was even recognized. I really need help. I also noticed that the Socket for the original M.2 SSD is different from the more modern M.2 SSD. I even bought a MyDigialSSD Superboot 2 (80mm Sata III 2280 M.2 Solid State Drive to put into the M.2 slot in my desktop but the same Blue Screen pops up and the PC will not boot into Bios or boot up at all. Help!!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FontanaDillon 

There are two different kinds of m.2 SSDs -- NVMe and SATA -- and although they are the same physical size, they are not interchangeable.  My guess would be that your new SSD is SATA, not NMVe, and that is why the PC will not boot with it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FontanaDillon 

There are two different kinds of m.2 SSDs -- NVMe and SATA -- and although they are the same physical size, they are not interchangeable.  My guess would be that your new SSD is SATA, not NMVe, and that is why the PC will not boot with it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.