Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFFPC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer was hacked.  I am trying to run PCUnlocker Professional but it will not run.  Suspect it is because I cannot turn off Secure Boot.   Secure Boot is not an option in BIOS under Security Tab in BIOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for your advice.   After learning that this computer did not have a Secure Boot feature, I investigated the option of using PCUnlocker Enterprise version that works with UEFI mode.  It cost me $50 but saved all of my data and restored my operating system.   Thank you for responding. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no secure boot option in the 8200 elite model series.

I would suggest you just reinstall W10 as follows...

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, if your PC is not working.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

Select Download tool now, and select Run.If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.

On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.

Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.

Select which media you want to use:

USB flash drive. Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

Now, if there are files on the hard drive you want to recover, when you get to the part of the W10 installation step that asks 'Where do you want to install windows,' select the current windows partition, and install W10 there.

It will create a Windows.old folder. 

After W10 installs, you can copy any files you need from your old user profile in the windows.old folder to the new one.

Then you can delete the windows.old folder using the disk cleanup utility.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for your advice.   After learning that this computer did not have a Secure Boot feature, I investigated the option of using PCUnlocker Enterprise version that works with UEFI mode.  It cost me $50 but saved all of my data and restored my operating system.   Thank you for responding. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to read that you got your PC back up and running again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.